Monday, June 1, 2015

I DESIRE to DWELL among this PEOPLE for a TIME...perhaps UNTIL the DAY I DIE....

Familia! 

Well the news is out....... I'm dying here in La Victoria.  I thought I was gonna have a change or stay with my comp but turns out, only after having 2 changes here, my comp is going and I will be receiving another comp tomorrow. If I would have known that I was going to finish my mish here when I first came, I would have recited the same words that Ammon said to King Lamoni in Alma 17:23 jaja.   23 And Ammon said unto him: Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die.  Im going to die in Imperio.  Well to be honest, I was dreaming about ending my mish maybe in another place to start another short adventure.  But I have to say that even though it's a super hard area, I've probably knocked every door,  I'm happy to be here and to continue giving my all to the Lord if this is where the Lord wants me to be.


Let's hope I live 6 weeks more.  Saturday night I couldn't get to sleep cuz there was a party outside our house.  I woke up Sunday at 5 am and the party was still going at 6:30. When I got out of bed I heard people screaming and gun shots.  Last night when we were walking back to the house we stopped to look at our agenda to see if we could visit one more person and a taxi stopped in front of us.  I felt that we should keep walking cuz the guy creeped me out. We walked away then 10 seconds later we heard a girl scream. The guy who had gotten out of the taxi robbed some random girl that walked by where we were standing 10 seconds before.  Crazy stuff but I'm still alive haha. 

This week we helped Marco and Jessica move.  They were super grateful and surprised that we came. Where they are living is like a small apartment and there are many other rooms of families surrounding them.  Something that impressed me was that Marco told me, "There are like 5 complete families living here. We are gonna' have to talk to them and get to know them so we can invite them to listen to you guys as well".  It's awesome that as an investigator he's already experiencing the desire to share the Gospel with all. 

Well I'm gonna work super hard with this family so they can be baptized before I leave.  They are worrying me a bit cuz they haven't been to church for a few weeks,  Jessica's birthday and then Sunday they didn't go cuz of the move but we are gonna have the ward involved more so they can make this decision.  

We had stake conference and it was amazing! President Williams spoke as un setenta de Area de Lima (an area Seventy for Lima). It was powerful and there was a focus on the work of salvation. There was a spirit that was felt strong and everyone left edified and determined to be better.  That's why we are a little sad that Marco and Jessica didn't make it . Something that has been helping me is studying the Book of Mormon and trying to analyze every verse and take notes about every verse in my journal. It's helped me a lot to have productive studies and to feel the spirit.  I recommend it !!
Well I've got little time and got to transfer some of my comps pics to my card, but i promise to write more next time..love you guys!!


ElderHarper besitos  








No comments:

Post a Comment