Monday, November 3, 2014

...PROBABLY SOMETHING I WON'T HAVE to DO AGAIN unitl I GET MARRIED...

Familia, 

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. I was actually surprised because we stopped by a member's house and there were 2 kids that were getting dressed up to go trick or treating in the center. Those kids are starting a revolution in Peru jaja. Well we definitely had a pretty busy week and have found a lot of new people to teach. President called me this week and told me that he's going to put sisters in the area to share it with us. So this week we have been house hunting as well. Probably something I won't have to do again tell after I get married. But we found a nice place and got their pencion all set up as well. 

We worked hard with those boys Juan and Elky this week and it looks like they will be baptized this Saturday. haha It will be my first baptism here in Las Brisas and I'm glad to have it with my hijito. We are working hard with this family so the dad can progress, get the priesthood and one day be sealed with the whole family. It's a little Brady Bunch family, 3 from each parent and after the baptism the whole fam will almost be members, except for the babies obviously. We are a little bummed cuz some of the couples we have been working hard with have not came to church and have not showed a true interest in being married in this upcoming matrimonio masivo. 

Well tomorrow starts a new transfer. I'm so thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ, especially in the mission cuz through it, I'm not only cleansed of my sins but I'm comforted. He gives me new energies to keep working hard, the promise of the presence of the spirit to come along with me,  a new leaf to turn over, and new goals and excitement to work hard and to work efficiently together with the members. There's like 400 members in the area but only 110 attend so there is a lot of work to do. Well the time is up and nothing exciting happened this week but I'll make sure to take pics at the baptism and to write some epic stories. I love all you guys and all of your support. Someone write me a letter. I haven't gotten one in months!!

besitos,

Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment