Friday, November 28, 2014

HAPPINESS is SOMETHING that DEPENDS COMPLETELY on US....

I'm super jealous about the family vacation! I didn't know you guys were going on a cruise. I though you were just going to Disney! but that's pretty sweet. We are basically teaching all families and well, I just love to talk about my fam and share my testimony of how families can be eternal. I know that it's hard being away from you guys but knowing that I'll see you soon and that I'll be stuck with you hooligans for all eternity gives me peace and motivates me to work even harder.

Well this week was pretty epic. Sacrament meeting was super impactful for me. It was the primary program and even though those little kids can't sing to save their lives, as they sung the spirit penetrated my heart. I think it reminded me of my primary days and to see how far I have come and to see how young they are starting in the right path, thanks to good parents who love their kids and the Lord enough to live the gospel and teach it to their family. It was also Elky's first time passing the sacrament and just by chance he ended it passing it to me. It's funny how that works even though I didn't do the ordinance of baptism, I helped him make it there by teaching him. And now the tables have turned as he has helped me partake of an ordinance to be come clean of sin. It was a beautiful experience.  

Well we are teaching a less active and her husband, Juan Carlos. It's awesome to see how the gospel changes hearts little by little. This guy at first seemed like he didn't want us to come and he wasn't very interested, but after teaching and testifying for a couple of weeks, he asks us to leave chapters for him to read in the Book of Mormon and he gets all dressed up.  He's a big scary looking man but after getting to know him, we have found that he's a lovable guy. He accepts everything we teach him but his work makes it hard for him to come to church. We are praying that he will soon understand the importance of the Sabbath day. 

Well I hope you all have a great week and continue being happy. Mom, I loved those talks you sent me about happiness and I think that happiness is something that depends completely on us and something that we can have no matter what happens if we live the gospel. I can testify of it from personal experience and from seeing so many families here who live realllyyy hard lives. But yet the poorest and humblest of people here are happy when they've got the gospel.

Stay golden
besitos

Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment