Monday, February 10, 2014

THAT'S WHY SOMETIMES I FEEL WEAK, cuz I DON'T HAVE MY HAIR.

Well hey there Harper Family, 

Baylor with hair
Baylor without.  Lolz
This week went by super fast because it was basically all meetings. Wednesday we had zone training from 2 to 7 and Thursday we had Zone Conference with the President from 8 to 3. It was a lot of sitting and listening and not a whole lot of teaching. But it was the best honestly; I love being a missionary and teaching the word of God but I also love to be spiritually filled myself. I got to hear from a lot of elders with experience like the zone leaders and the assistants and the President of course. Their talks were pretty inspiring, a big theme was what it means to be a Preach My Gospel missionary and  how to be can be missionaries like the antiguos, like Pual and Ammon and the Sons of Mosiah. How they prayed, fasted and studied to obtain the word and even though they were week and humble, they preached with authority and the spirit and didn't fear to call people unto repentance because their testimony was soo strong.  Learned a lot about how necessary the spirit is while teaching. Because the truth is, the spirit is the teacher and the one who does the converting. It's so weird how you can tell so easily if the spirit is there or not. For me it's cuz I still struggle with Spanish and I can't teach at all when the spirit isn't there and when it is there, it feels like I really do have the gift of tongues. A lot of it has to do with obedience. Obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles. So I'm going to strive to be an missionary exactly obedient, cuz I wanna work miracles baby!

So Sabina's baptism is this week. She's excited and we are helping her to understand everything cuz she was a little worried about her knowledge before, even though she has a testimony. So last week Laura Recejoh, the sister of our convert Rony, said that she wants to be baptized. Well we went to teach her early this week and she wasn't there, only her mom and daughter were thereWe were teaching Clara and her Mom and then Laura came in right as we were leaving and told us that she found work and is not going to be able to go to church anymore cuz she will be working Monday through Sunday all day. It was a little disheartening and we prayed hard and prepared to teach her about the Dia de Reposo (day of rest). When we went the next time, she told us she is no longer working. Only when her work is short on staff she'll go.  So either way, we taught the Sabbath day with all our hearts and committed them to obey it and they accepted. They came to church on Sunday and loved it again. So we shall be seeing them baptized real soon!.

Well it looks like I only have 2 more weeks in Jaen! It's gonna be sad saying goodbye to all our investigators, members and converts but it's gonna be cool going somewhere where no one knows me again and I can strive hard to be a better missionary then the missionary I was in Jaen. I definitely have improved a lot since the beginings, but I got a long way to go! The mission is a great learning ground and progression just comes faster, my only fear is that my time will run out before I reach my potential. Well I love you all, don't have much time, sorry.  Thanks for all the letters and packages. Shout out to Camille! Congrats on the call. Peru Chiclayo is the best mission in the world, even ask Elder Jarmin, you are gonna love it here! Well gots to go.

Love,
Elder HARPER

Dad,

Thanks for the letter Pops!! Sean White cut his hair? Apostasy, how is he gonna snowboard? All the power of the Flying Tomato was in the hair. That's why sometimes I feel weak, cuz I don't have my hair. Well it's crazy Camille is coming here?  Here it's dirty, smelly and the people don't have much. But yet I love it here!  Hey my oil holder thing broke how can I get a new one? Ask Riley Harper if he can roll his Rs cuz it's bugging me that I can't. I think it's genetics. Well thanks for the loving and the updates. You better snowboard! but your priorities are surfing. Well love you bud..

Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment