Monday, February 3, 2014

JUST A LITTLE RANDOM COOL STORY….

Hola Familia!

Well this week I got the Calendar, the letters and the Ensign! Thanks very much. Now I'm updated with all the events in the Harper household. Well Dad told me about the drout and the California fast! How sweet. The fast is a powerful thing and this will be a good story to uplift others. Fasting here is different because I eat so much, I look forward to the fast and enjoy every second of it so it's not much of a hardship haha. Here we fast from Saturday after lunch to Sunday lunch so we get a full 24 hours.  

Well, it's really cool to read all the other Elder and Sister emails that are out in the field from our ward. I read Kenz's and it instantly made me feel better about the language haha. Wow, Chinese has got to be hard, but Kenz is a champ. And I liked Ab's birthday coment about how many people during this time in their life are partying and what not and drinking cuz they are 21, when members of the church devote these years to the Lord. Well, good thing I'll turn 21 in mi casa ! ;) haha jk. 

Well this week was just an average normal week in the mission to be honest. We have the same investigators, same members and same comp. But I'm trying to keep changing so it's not always the same thing. In our district meeting I got to teach the class. The night before, I prepared it all with quotes and scriptures and questions in my head. I'm pretty sure I prepared it all in English in my head cuz it didn't come out so pretty in Spanish haha. But that I was able to do it is all that matters!!!  I taught about how we can work harder with the members and how we can convert them so they will have the desires to share the gospel. 

Well we did another intercambio this week and for one day I was with Elder Muhun, my zone leader from Guatemala. He's a quiet guy but he taught me a lot about following the spirit. The ZLs don't have a lot of time to proselyte. They do set apart this day to have it free but they didn't have citas (lessons) planned. But it was awesome to see that at times we would pass a house and he would stop and be like, we need to go back and knock on this door and the person would let us in and be like ohhh, I was a member 5 years ago but not anymore and we would teach them. This one guy was like ohh, I'm best friends with your pastor or bishop and then we taught them. He's well intune with the spirit and I wanna strive to be able to have that gift.

This week L told us she wants to be baptized!! But she's in the process of divorcing her husband. She wants to wait til her problem is over. But we are gonna teach her the next lesson that during our hard times and problems we need the Lord the most and we need this gosple the most, and that she will have the holy spirit to guide her and help her make wise decisions.

Just a little random cool story. We have been teaching this guy Cesar who is real chill and always listens to us and has questions and reads the Book of Mormon too. But when it comes to church, he never goes. He always says he is sick so he will ¨si o si¨, but he never does. One time recently, his friend was there when we taught him and he didn't seem to be interested but we invited him to church and he told us yeah, that maybe one day he'll check it out. Well Sunday came and Cesar didn't go but his friend Manuel came haha. He said that his friends invited him to drink and usually he does but he said he felt like he should go to  church instead. So there he was and stayed for 3 hours and loved it. This was yesterday so we will see what comes of it. But it goes to show you that by small and simple things great things come to pass. It was just a little invitation that he didn't even accept but it planted a seed and led him to the truth..amen bother amen.. 

Well I LOVE you all; I truly do.  I only have a sister mision left wich is scary so I'll see you all soon haha.

Con Queso,

Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment