Monday, September 1, 2014

I'M COMING to REALLY KNOW MY LORD & HOW HE WORKS in my LIFE & the LIFE of OTHERS...

Hello there family of mine!!              
ward baptism

Well it sounds like the surf is pretty epic and huge. Just reading Dad's letter made me feel pumped and a little nervous at the same time. Well it looks like tomorrow Abbinaffers will already be back home? That's weird..but she served one heck of a mission, definitely a great example to me and I'll continue to try to be more like my big sis.

Well this week was a good one. We are working hard with our friend Oscar. We put a baptismal date or more like a baptismal goal with him for the 13th of September. He said he has been praying to know the things that we teach him are true and I think on Sunday he received his answer. On Sunday the Bishop taught an epic class about testimonies and how we can gain one. He shared many personal experiences of how his life has changed and how he gained his personal testimony. The spirit was very strong and after the class Oscar found us and told us that he felt the spirit strongly and that he knows what we have taught him his true. Oscar is a great guy and you can see how this gospel is changing his life just by how he looks. I don't know if he has suffered from depression or something but when we found him, he always looked serious and kind of sad and didn't really open up much to us. But since this week he just smiles every time we see him. 

Well we finally found the dad of Angela and when we talked to hime, we found out that he's not married so Angela is not gonna be able to get baptized until her parents get married. So that is pretty sad as well cuz her dad doesn't want to. Well the work is pretty hard here. We don't have too many people that are progressing and there are some other problems that I got to deal with but every day I just try to do my best.  I try to give it my all and at the end of the day I ask for forgiveness cuz I know I always fall short. But I'm getting there slowly and I feel the love of the Savior more and more in my life. I'm coming to really know my Lord and my Heavenly Father and how he works in my life and the life of others. 

Well this week we are planning an epic talent show with the objective of finding people to teach. I hope it's successful and I'll make sure to take lots of pics and videos to show you guys. Well that's all I got for now but nos veremos muy pronto mis amigos!! Les Quiero mucho!!
Besitos,

Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment