Monday, September 29, 2014

THIS WEEK was HONESTLY the BEST WEEK I'VE HAD in a LONG TIME....

Familia! 

Well I'm still here in the Brisas and I'm training! My first hijito. My comp is Elder Bailey from Payson, Utah.  He says he knows the Marsh's so that's pretty cool. He's a really funny kid and a really good missionary. He's not afraid to open his mouth and teach and best of all, he's willing to work himself to death how I like it. This week was honestly the best week I've had in a long time. We still don't have too many people yet who are progressing but we are doing are hardest to find new people to teach, and this week we have found a bunch of new investigadores and less actives who haven't been to church for years. It defintley feels good to work hard, and I'm trying to master my skills of talking to everyone. For some reason even the oldest and most experienced missionaries are reluctant to contact and talk with everyone, maybe cuz it's not super effective but I have found when we do all that we can  the Lord does the rest. 

This week we found a less active named Auri. We taught her and her husband, who isn't member. We soon found out that they aren't married and started to teach them about the importance of families and marriage. The husband was really cool.  He was super interested and asked about baptism. Auri was super excited cuz it was the first time she had the missionaries in her house for years. She insisted that we sing a hymn and  as we sang the spirit was super strong. They are a beautiful family who really needs and wants the Lord's blessings in their home. 

Well I just love the scripture in Alma 26: 27-30. The Lord says that if we endure through the hard times with patience we will have success in the end and we will be able to bear the trials with peace and happiness. I know this is true cuz I have definitely suffered a bit but I feel so blessed for what the Lord has given me: a great comp and the ability to find and teach with the power of the spirit. I love this work so much and I just feel myself starting to love the people here even more and that's what motivates me to work hard and find the way to bring them salvation. 

I love you guys and I'm grateful for your support and advice. I know I am weak but I know in Christ I can do all things and in His name my comp and I can do many miracles here. Keep praying for Pamela; she's still sick in Lima and she's gonna to have to go through chemo this week. Love you all.

besitos,    Elder Harper

1 comment:

  1. Elder you are doing so well. I love to read your emails. We love you..uncle jim aunt robin

    ReplyDelete