Monday, April 13, 2015

TOMORROW I WILL WAKE UP an OLD MAN.....

Family and Friends, 

Thanks for all the birthday shoutouts and for those who didn't know, I'll get over it. Well I'm glad P-day was my last day as a teenager. It was a good day and I played hard.  Tomorrow I will wake up an old man, sooo sad. Well it's been an awesome week but a super hard week. We've had lots of success and lots of rejection, but I feel blessed and grateful for all the tender mercies. 

All your trunky emails are making me nervous but I'm trying not to think about it. There is still much to do in the vineyard.  I know the Lord is still expecting my best to the end.  I don't know if I mentioned it but the converts Maria and Herbert, Maria's mother, who is an active member, and her nephew, a non member, have moved in with them. Jampier is the nephew and he was receiving the lessons in another ward. When he moved here he searched us out and asked us to teach him.  We have now been teaching him for a while and we have planned his baptism for this Saturday.  He is 12 years old and super pumped and stoked to receive the priesthood as well so he can pass the sacrament. 

We are also visiting a less active member named Angelica and her non member husband, Alberto. We have been visiting them for a while and they have been coming to church.  We have invited Alberto to be baptized several times but because they live together they need to get married first.  We have never been able to put a date with him cuz marriage wasn't in his close plans. We had a super cool experience with him this week. We taught them the plan of salvation and everything was chill, the spirit was felt, and after, he said he wanted to ask a question.  There was silence and then he was like, "Elders do you have plans for me to be someone or do something?" The question was confusing and sounded like he wanted to tell us he wasn't interested in being a member but after talking for a little bit he asked about marriage and temple marriage and then he turned to his wife and said "let's get married this month so we can save money for a temple marriage." It was pretty sweet, the spirit was strong, and we are going to keep preparing them so they stay strong and don't waiver.

I have other stories to share but no time ..love you guys.

Besitos,   Elder Harper 
A park in Chiclayo.  The statues are all Gods. 






No comments:

Post a Comment