Monday, March 16, 2015

I LOVE IT cuz IT MAKES ME HAPPY.........

Well folks, change, it's a new change again.  My good old pal Elder Anderson is gone, sadly, and I've got a new comp, Elder Alcivar from Guayaquil, Ecuador.  He's my second comp from Ecuador so I think me and Abs are just gonna talk pure slang from Ecaudor when I get home ¿si o Que? He's a really kool kat, and actually he's my step son.  I'm training, or finishing his training.  He definitely came prepared. He's super smart and teaches very well, but like every Latino, he's a little trunky.  But I'm making him work his booty off.  We are already pretty good friends.

Well this week was very successful.  It's been pretty difficult to find Juan these past few weeks, but we have been teaching him this week.  We put another baptism date with him for the 28th of March. He stayed for all 3  hours this week so he already has all the attendance he needs to be baptized. He's pretty sweet, he just has a hard time hearing and forgets what we teach him but he obeys all the commandments and has the desire to be baptized.

We also have been working with a kid named Christian. He's living with the inactive daughter of the first counselor of the bishop. We always teach him and he comes to church every now and then. He is super chill.  This week we watched The Restoration with him and afterwards we testified and taught and asked him if he really believed that Joseph smith was a prophet.  He said yes and began to express his own testimony and said he knew the church was true.  He explained how slowly but surely his testimony has grown, how at first he didn't really believe the Elders about a year ago. But little by little he felt the need to pray and read the scriptures and he said lately that he's been reading and praying a lot.  I asked him what impedes him to be baptized and he told me nothing.  It was a spiritual moment.  The only problem is that he isn't married but he wants to be. We just need to work out the deets so he can be married and be baptized.

Well missionary work is super hard, the hardest thing I've ever done but I love it cuz it makes me happy.  I love the scripture, Juan 5:17, But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Hard work is something that we are always gonna be required to do and something that brings us happiness, especially when we are working to brings souls onto Christ.  Well love you all and thanks for the support,

besitos


Elder Harper











No comments:

Post a Comment