Monday, December 8, 2014

I TOOK a FEW MOMENTS of SILENCE & CRIED....

Hola Familia, 

¿Han escuchado de El es La Dadiva? Well all of Peru has cuz they took all of our normal contact cards away and now they are just giving us cards that have to do with this Christmas video. But it's pretty cool. It's been working pretty well. 

Well happy Birthday Mother !!! I hope you enjoyed the day and hope you got my card; it is beautiful. Why didn't anyone tell me my bro was getting married? No one tells me anything these days. I'm gonna be a bro-in-law! Super exciting. 

Well President Williams has given us a bunch of Christmas rules and one of them is about the calls. We only get 40 minutes ladies and gentlemen, and we can't use the computers of members. So I was thinking I just might call cuz he also said if your Skype call is sketchy for 20 minutes and ok for 20, it's too bad cuz we only get 40 minutes straight up. So I guess it's up to you folks but we shall see. And we can't wear Christmas ties. The tie you sent me was so beautiful that my comp and I took a few moments of silence and cried and when we heard we couldn't wear them, we cried again and even harder (not really but it did hurt deep). 

So this week was great. If I had any fear of talking to people in the street I think I lost it cuz we have been talking to everyone and getting lots of results as well. We are working hard with a woman named Haydee. She's the wife a returned missionary and she's expecting in 2 months. We've been teaching her the gospel and helping her to find baby names haha. She believes everything we teach her. She's reading, praying and going to church but she has a hard time with baptism cuz she's already been baptized (in a different church). We've explained it to her time and time again but she just needs to pray hard and consistently to find the answer. I read a quote that said something like this, We don't receive knowledge or answers by searching signs but by being obedient and experimenting and searching with real faith. 

Elky is as stud. He's going to all the mutuals and even when his parents cant make it to church he goes with his step bros to pass the sacrament. We are working hard with the rescue as well cuz there are 400 members and only 120 that are active here en las Brisas.  Well to be honest I have lot more to tell but just no time with all the surveys and everything. Love you all and strive to grow your testimony everyday and be obedient with exactness. 

besitos 
Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment