Monday, May 12, 2014

I DEDICATED the SONG to you MOMMY....


Mother's Day Skype
The signal was super bad in Chongoyape.  We started off with a frozen picture of this and a heavily garbled and broken
R2-D2 robot voice.  We kept talking because he could see us and understand what we were saying. But a little latter the signal miraculously cleared up and we were able to see him more clearly and finally understand what he was saying : )

Happy Mothers Day all you mommaaaasss! Well this week was a great one, especially since I got to
see your faces Sunday night. Sunday was very frustrating because we spent almost all day trying to get Skype to work and I was super impatient but my comp kept working at it and his patience payed of for me.  Sadly he didn't really get to talk to his fam cuz the internet is sketch over there.

Well I hope everyone treated you like a queen Mommy. For Mothers Day the bishop came with the bishopric and gave talks about eternal families and successful happy homes. Sadly not a lot of people were there but I think the messages impacted all. We have one investigator who has been going to church for a year. She knows it's true and wants to be baptized but she can't because she is not married to the man that she lives with and who is the father of her kids because he is still married to another women, even though they have been separated for over 11 years. It's a sad situation. The sister even gives clasaes and talks in church. But her testimony and her couarage really moativates me.  She keeps fighting but the paper work is real slow.

Well Friday night we had a talent show for the moms. I played a hymn on the harmonica while some of the youth sang, and I dedicated the song to you Mommy! It was a pretty sweet night. We made a cake and had raffle for a basket filled with goods. There were about 30 peops there which was exciting. The Hermana Rosa came with her fam as well. Rosa is a youth that has known the church and missionaries for about a year now. She is 14 years old but hasn't been going to church for a while. We just recently found her and started teaching her. She is super excited and we have been helping her remember all the things the Elders have taught her. She remembered a lot but the one thing that she never did was to pray to know that the things were true. So we challenged her to pray and the next day she said she had already received her answer and almost challenged to baptize her haha. But even though she is basically a little child she is super sensitive to the spirit and is progressing. She wants to be baptized on the 30th so we will see how it goes. Oh and her brother Benjamin is super cool and excited to listen to us as well. 

Well nothing else is new.  We have been working harder than ever and with time and I have faith this area will blossom, even if I won't be able to see the fruits of it. Well all this week we have been sharing a message about the family and mothers. I love the scripture in Alma fifty-something where it talks about how valiant and obedient the 2000 Stripling Warriors were and how they didn't fear death nor doubt their faith. And it was because their mothers had taught them. 

It made me remember how grateful I am to have an amazing mother like you Mom, who has raised me in righteousness and has been such a great example to me. Who has put up with a lot from me but has had patience. Maybe for most of my childhood my testimony rode on the back of yours but because of you Mom, I can say that I know this is the True Church and that I know Heavenly Father lives and loves me and as I strive to be more like His son and as I strive to keep the commandments, I find hope and peace and renewed strength from the Atonement of my Savior. It's something so simple but so amazing and so real and I'm glad that I will always have it in my life. Thank you Mom and I love you. And thanks to all of the other mothers and people who support me and have helped me grow. I love you guys and I shall see you soon.

Besitos


Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment