Monday, June 30, 2014

IT HAS TAUGHT ME WHAT KIND of MAN, HUSBAND & FATHER I'M GONNA NEED TO BE....

Family, Friends, Loved ones, Hooligans and Mommy, 

Well it was another good week getting used to the things here in Las Brisas. My comp and I are the bestest of friends even though I have to slap him around every now and then. haha One day this week my comp cooked a Bolivian dish in the house of an investigator. It was super tasty and made me a little jealous cuz I can't cook to save my life. We always have some good studies together as well in the morning. What I like about him is that he has a really good relationship with the people and really cares about them and is not just there to teach and baptize them. We are teaching a lot of people who have received the missionary lessons for years but aren't baptized cuz they aren't married or don't want to but a lot of them attend church. It's hard cuz we don't want to leave them but we have to find more people to teach. There just isn't enough time in the day. 

We are working pretty hard and it's a pretty hard area. In this area  there a lot of strong families and strong members of the church. But like every ward and every family there are always problems and we as missionaries try our best to help those problems work themselves out. I think it's funny also how sometimes members think that we are bishops and tell us all their marriage problems and things that they have done in the past. 

At times the culture here just makes me so sad. The husbands drink and beat and hit their wives and kids and they fight and yell at each other and they aren't even married and there just isn't happiness or peace. I have been blessed to be raised in a family that maybe isn't perfect but has the gospel and I have been blessed to know many other gospel-centered families as well. But there are many people here who don't have that. People can spend all day arguing about the doctrine of the church compared to others but the real evidence stands in the family. The difference is huge and that is what I have noticed here. It has taught me as well what kind of man, husband and father I'm gonna need to be in the future, even though it won't be easy, it is the way to have a happy life. 

Well we are still working hard with Karen. She still hasn't accepted a baptism date cuz she still hasn't stopped listening to the Adventistas and she is pretty confused. She also didn't come to chruch this Sunday, which was frustrating as well, but we are gonna see how she progresses this week and hopefully she will be baptized this month!  Well for some reason I have writer's block and I can't remmber anything I did this week but I promise to write a longer and more exciting letter next week, haha. 
Love you all and I'll see you soon. 

bestios

Elder Harper

Baylor mentioned last week that his comp was a famous Bolivian singer.  Here is a link to one of his videos.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vngRFDcYyIc


No comments:

Post a Comment