Monday, November 11, 2013

I'M HERE TO SHARE THAT WITH THIS PEOPLE & THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY

Well hello there Family!!

So this week has been a swell one. First things first, I have the package with the stocking in it but I don't know about the other stuff.  My Oakley backpack is dead, the zipper broke so all I have is the side bag which I use most anyways. Yeah and I don't think there is anything more aha. 

So this week we had a zone meeting and I got to see some pals that I haven't seen in a while. I know I'm not supposed to compare myself to others but I can see how I'm lagging on the language train, which is a little frustrating. This week was a little hard for me in a lot of ways but I always end the week feeling blessed, uplifted and ready to go. haha. We have this investigator who laughs almost every time I open my mouth. He's not trying to be mean but he's just not used to a gringo accent. I guess he can understand me but it's always super embarrassing and frustrating.  That was the only negative part of the week.

We ended up getting permission to baptize Luis!!

We went with the bishop to talk to him and his parents and at first they both said no but by the end, his mom was of agreement but the dad still thought he wasn't ready and said that he can't be baptized. But we still went on and had his baptismal interview and the next day we went back with our District leader and explained how he passed his interview and was ready to be baptized.  His mom signed the form and gave him permission but his Dad still wasn't thrilled about it. Anyways, the baptism was on Saturday and his mom and sister ended up coming!!! It was an awesome experience and I was able to baptize him. He bore powerful testimony of how reading the Book of Mormon and striving to keep the commandments has been changing his life and how through repentance and baptism, he's clean and a new person. It was pretty shhhhhwwwweet. Sunday he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and the Priesthood.

So The Hermanas (sisters) of Franco finally came!! Clarita and Janela. They loved it and I'm pretty sure we are going to set a baptismal date with them this week. We have been teaching the brother of the bishop. He was already taught by hermanas years back but now he has started to come to church consistently and he wants to be baptized on the 23!! So it has been a successful week.  The members have been giving us more references and helping in the work. Without the members it's almost impossible! 

So my testimony has been strengthening a lot out here. I have hard times but whenever I feel down or discouraged I just look back on why I'm here and what I know to be true.  I know with all of my heart that I'm called of God to serve the people of Peru!! and that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a prophet today that speaks to God and guides this church.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and most importantly, I know that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Redeemer and only through him, I can arrive to be a better person every day.  I'm here to share that with this people and that is what makes me happy. Thanks so much for all your support. You guys are da best. I hope everyone has a great week. Keep it classy.

Muchas Thank yous

Elder Harper

(email to Dad) Well thanks for the email and pics!! Everyone is always jealous of how much mail I get hahah. Sounds like everything is going well. It stinks the surf is flat. This week I saw an old old old beater volkswagon bus rolling through the streets of Jaen and it looked like gringo surfers were driving it, but I think they were lost cuz there's no beach here. haha.  I've been getting yoked but at the same time I've been getting fat off of rice.  We just switched pinches and she feeds us toooo much , it stinks. I don't know the feeling of hunger. Fast Sunday is my favorite day. ahaha. Well te amo mas que mi vida (I love you more than my life)  ;) Thanks for being a stud.  Love you Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment