Thursday, August 29, 2013

I WAS COCKY AND ARROGANT. I THOUGHT I WAS BETTER THAN ILLNESS. I THOUGHT I WAS INVINCIBLE.

Hola Familia!

I thinnnnnk I'm guuuna be siiick.  I was cocky and arrogant.  I thought I was better than illness.  I thought I was invincible.  I was so proud that I had not gotten sick but it all happened so fast haha. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling a little funny.  I went into the bathroom after breakfast and there was a kid in there throwing up and I was like, Poor kid, I'm glad that's not me, and then literally 15 minutes later, that was me. It hit me like a brick wall, blind-sided me reallll good, haha. Everyone in the CCM is sick though. I think it was from the hamburgers they made for dinner the night before. The cafeteria hermanas are so nice and considerate by making us American food when all the Latinos are gone, but they caused and epidemic. After an hour or two after I barfed, I felt pretty good. But when I was in the temple today, it hit me again.  However,  I was able to withstand the session, unlike one of my roommates, who ran out in the middle of the session to puke and we never saw him again. Yeah, but I thought I was literally dying until like now. Sooo, I'm gonna live and  hopefully serve the rest of this mish.

Well this week was real NEAT. Some highlights were on Saturday. A boatload of Primary ninos from the Lima East Stake came to visit the CCM! Field Trip! They were all so cute dressed in their suits and what not wearing their futuro missionary name tags. They would come up to us and I would ask them for their name and who their favorite Book of Mormon prophet was. We sang Called To Serve for them in English; it was legit. That's when I realized that I am a real missionary haha. Seeing how the little kids looked up to us made me think of my primary days and wanting to be like the missionaries! Well it made me realize I need to be that missionary a primary kid should look up to. We have a lot of weight on our shoulders and the church expects a lot from us. So I'm gonna work my hardest to be the best missionary I can be and make those little Latinos proud and hopefully one day they will go on missions!

Another highlight was Sunday! Our afternoon devotional was loaded with general authorities. We had the whole area presidency of the 70 and Elder Wadell and most importantly, Elder Cook! I love me some Elder Cook! He's the only apostle I've heard live; I got to shake his hand! If he got me sick, I'm grateful. But seriously, the spirit was soo strong in that meeting. They opened it up to questions from the Elders and Hermanas and Elder Cook and the others would respond and testify with conviction. Elder Cook left us with an apostolic blessing! He said that as we serve, our families will be blessed and will be ok according to our faithfulness and diligence. So don't worry. I'll work hard for you folks. My testimony of modern day apostles and prophets shot through the roof. I know that Elder Cook is an apostle of the Lord and receives revelation for this church.

We didn't get to proselyte ( but we got to practice teaching. I feel like I'm progressing but it's hilarious though cuz I can teach a lesson very slowly in broken Spanish and get by but my Latino roommates will ask me a simple question not pertaining to the gospel and it will go right over my head. Well all the oldest generation left and now we are the kings of the campus. The CCM is like high school in 6 weeks. 

My running buddy left, haha. We did a 5k and were stupid and didn't stretch or warm up but I'll give my splits for Dad. First mile was 7:06 than we went 6:06 and 6:06 again. I've never felt fatter in my life. But it's ok. So I only have 2 weeks left; it's crazy! I'm scared out of my mind for the field but excited too. I'm anxious to go to work. I know studying is important but I'd rather tract and teach. 

My district got the Christmas tree! Our generation has 5 districts so were chosen out of the 5 districts to have it! So it's Christmas from now until our last pday, which is Christmas day. My teacher is getting me a calling card. We fly out on Tuesday morning, the 10th, but I think it's gonna be super early but I'll call anyways just in case someone picks up. Well I love all of you! and I miss you so much: I get so home sick on pdays but I'm fine the rest. It's hard not to have that comfort, especially when your dying, haha. But I love it here. I know this church is true! and this is where I'm supposed to be right now.  Heavenly Father is watching over me. I can see it every day and I know he's taking care of you guys.  Well until next week!

Lolzz from Lima


Elder Harper


Baylor and Tanner Valerio

No comments:

Post a Comment