Monday, April 6, 2015

IT was LIKE when NEPHI had to KILL LABAN....

Mother Dearest and other Family and Friends, 

Well let's just say Dad is a visionary man....

Thanks so much for the package. I felt so guilty opening it up 2 weeks before the big day but I had mother's command, so i obeyed. It was like when Nephi had to kill Laban. The scripture covers are soo rad; thanks Mom and Dad.  The Bible cover fits a little snug but it still closes so we are all good. I already ate all of the candy. I figured if I eat it now, I'll have more time to lose it. 

It was a great Easter but it definitely was a hard week. For Catholics there's the Holy Week or La Semana Santa, and it's like a national holiday here because no one works. And it is pretty ironic cuz it's a holiday based on the sacrifice of Christ yet everyone was busy or super rude to us this week and people are in the streets drinking and partying. It's kind of sad to see what faith has come to here. But I'm trying really hard to love the people who are rude and hateful even though it can be hard.

Christian is doing well. He's excited and is starting to get into his reading of the Book of Mormon. I don't know if last week I mentioned a kid named Jampier. He's the nephew of Mariah and Hebert and he's now living with them and his Grandmother who is a member in our area.  He has assisted church before and has listened to the lessons before but now he's assisting here and has asked us if we can baptize him. So we are preparing him so he can be baptized soon and also receive the priesthood. 

Conference was amazing. It's soo exciting when that first session starts and it almost feels like a hole is left in your heart when that last session ends. I remember the words of an apostle a few conferences ago that the best part about conference should be the applying of it cuz that's when we receive the blessings. My heart was filled and I was definitely humbled and there are many things that I'll be working on to be more like my Savior. The family was talked about a lot and I loved the Sunday talks about the Savior's atonement from Holland and others. I can't wait to get the Liahona so I can read it, study it and live it. Well I love you guys and thanks for the support.


besitos  Elder Harper






No comments:

Post a Comment