Monday, July 6, 2015

I WOULD SERVE ANOTHER IF I COULD....

Family! 

Well it really has been a great week! and I can't believe that this will be my last time writing from Peru.  I still can't believe that my time is up and I don't want to believe it. It's been a little tough for me but I know I need to accept God's Will.  I've been praying a lot and I feel good and confident!! Ready to work hard this week, 4th quarter 4th down and ready to play!

Last Monday was Peru vs Chile in the South American Cup.  We had a full agenda but every appointment fell through.  We were a little discouraged cuz we tried contacting and every house was watching the game, even the old ladies were.  We thought for a second maybe it was ridiculous trying to proselyte when everyone was occupied,  maybe we would be more productive studying or something else but we made the firm decision to keep working even though we had a strong obstacle. Well we were rejected many more times and yelled at but we knocked a door and a lady answered who had listened to the Elders before.  She told us her husband was busy watching but she would love to listen to us through the door. We shared with her a message of the family and she loved it and asked for us to come back. It def was a success for the night.

We went to another house of and old investigator and he let us in and turned off the game and rounded his whole family up to listen to us.  We were able to teach about the plan of salvation and his wife, who usually avoids us, opened up and started asking us many questions and we taught her how she could find these answers. It was definitely a great night and a blessing for having endured and deciding to be obedient. 

We also were able to teach a less active young couple that are going through hard times. They have had lots of marriage problems and have lost a baby. The spirit was felt when they were able to learn about temples and how they could one day be sealed as a family to their daughter.  They have it as a goal and we will be working hard with them so they can reach it soon. 

Well got no time.  Lame last letter but you can complain to my face next week! haha just kidding. So grateful for all your support and love! I have loved my mission and I am leaving with no regrets.  I would serve another if I could.  It's been the hardest thing I've ever done and it has really helped me come to know my Savior.  Younglings! Don't even think about missing this experience cuz you will regret it for the rest of your life 

Elder Harper
besitos


No comments:

Post a Comment